Why do I get a blank page when I try
to open my renewal application?
Your renewal application is in
Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe
Acrobat Reader (or other Acrobat product) to view
it. If your renewal application shows up as a
blank page, you may not be waiting long enough for the
PDF document to download into your browser. Large
PDFs can take several minutes to download on a modem
If nothing ever shows up after
waiting for a couple of minutes, then the problem may be
your browser. This problem occurs when Acrobat
Reader (or other Acrobat product) opens inside your
browser window rather than in a separate Acrobat
window. To solve this problem:
- Re-configure your Acrobat:
- Exit from your browser (or AOL).
- Start Acrobat Reader (or other Acrobat product).
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Options.
- Deselect Display PDF in Browser (Acrobat
5.0 or Acrobat Reader 5.0).
- Click OK, then exit from Acrobat Reader
(or other Acrobat product).
- Restart your browser (or AOL).
NOTE: The next time you select a link
to a PDF file in your browser (or AOL), a dialog box
will prompt you to specify what to do with the file.
- If you select Open this file from its current
location, your browser will open the PDF file in
a separate Acrobat window. You will have to go back
to your browser window to go to other items on the
- If you select Save this file to disk, your
browser will save the PDF file to your hard disk,
from where you can open it later.
Back to FAQs -