What conditions must be met to renew
my license online?
To renew your license via the
- You must have an eLicensing account.
- You may only renew a Salesperson
or individual Broker license.
Corporation/officer licenses cannot be renewed at
this time using eLicensing.
- Your license status must be either
Licensed, Licensed NBA, or Expired
with Renewal Rights (i.e., within two years of
your license expiration date).
- If your license status is Licensed
or Licensed NBA, the earliest date you may renew is 90
days prior to your license expiration date.
- You must already have established Permanent
Proof of Legal Presence.
- You must be a California resident
or if you are an out-of-state resident, you must
already have a Consent to
Service of Process form on file with the
- You have not been convicted of any
violation of the law since your last license
- You do not hold a restricted
- Your license has not been flagged
for such reasons as child
support obligor, non-payment of fees, etc.
- You must provide the online
equivalent of the information required on the
mail-in application forms. You can review the
information that will be needed by viewing the
- RE 203, Branch Office
- RE 208A, Broker Renewal
- RE 209A, Salesperson
- RE 214, Salesperson
- RE 213, Continuing
Education Extension/Exemption Request
- You must enter your completed
continuing education courses. Continuing
education requirements must be completely satisfied
in order to renew using eLicensing. If you
have previously been granted an exemption from
continuing education and have remained licensed in
good standing, you may use the eLicensing System to
submit your renewal. However, if you are
initially applying for the continuing education
exemption, you must submit your renewal application
and exemption request through the mail or in person
at one of the DRE
- You must have a VISA, MasterCard,
or American Express credit card, or a debit card
bearing a VISA or MasterCard logo.
Back to FAQs -