Welcome to California California Home
Welcome to California - images of Golden Gate Bridge, ocean sunset, waterfall, flowers, and city skyline
DRE Home
 Department of Real Estate

   My CA
 FAQs - Using the eLicensing System

What conditions must be met to renew my license online?

To renew your license via the eLicensing System:

  • You must have an eLicensing account.
  • You may only renew a Salesperson or individual Broker license. Corporation/officer licenses cannot be renewed at this time using eLicensing.
  • Your license status must be either Licensed, Licensed NBA, or Expired with Renewal Rights (i.e., within two years of your license expiration date).
  • If your license status is Licensed or Licensed NBA, the earliest date you may renew is 90 days prior to your license expiration date.
  • You must already have established Permanent Proof of Legal Presence.
  • You must be a California resident or if you are an out-of-state resident, you must already have a Consent to Service of Process form on file with the Department.
  • You have not been convicted of any violation of the law since your last license renewal.
  • You do not hold a restricted license.
  • Your license has not been flagged for such reasons as child support obligor, non-payment of fees, etc.
  • You must provide the online equivalent of the information required on the mail-in application forms. You can review the information that will be needed by viewing the appropriate application.
    • RE 203, Branch Office Application
    • RE 208A, Broker Renewal Application
    • RE 209A, Salesperson Renewal Application
    • RE 214, Salesperson Change Application
    • RE 213, Continuing Education Extension/Exemption Request
  • You must enter your completed continuing education courses.  Continuing education requirements must be completely satisfied in order to renew using eLicensing.  If you have previously been granted an exemption from continuing education and have remained licensed in good standing, you may use the eLicensing System to submit your renewal.  However, if you are initially applying for the continuing education exemption, you must submit your renewal application and exemption request through the mail or in person at one of the DRE District Offices.
  • You must have a VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card, or a debit card bearing a VISA or MasterCard logo.

Back to FAQs - eLicensing System

Conditions of Use | Privacy Policy | Tech Problems
2003 State of California.