eLicensing Tutorial: Broker Renewal
Brokers, but not officers or corporations, can use the eLicensing online system to renew their licenses. To do so:
- Sign in to eLicensing. If you have never used eLicensing, you will need to complete the registration step to create a user name and password. Thereafter, clicking on the eLicensing graphic and signing in by entering your user name and password will provide access to eLicensing.
- Click on BROKER RENEWAL.
- After reading the information provided, click on CONTINUE.
- Answer the four questions, click on CONTINUE.
- You will be asked if you want to change your mailing address. Click on YES or NO.
- If YES, change your mailing address by typing over your old address. Then, click PREVIEW CHANGE. Check to make sure your address is correct, then click on SUBMIT ADDRESS CHANGE.
- If you need to change your phone number, type over your old phone number and click on SAVE. If you do not need to change your phone number, click on SAVE.
- If you answered YES when asked if you will be working at the time of license issuance, eLicensing will ask you if you would like to change your main office address. Click on YES or NO. If YES, change your information and click on PREVIEW CHANGE. If the information displayed is correct, click on SUBMIT ADDRESS CHANGE.
- If you have an existing FICTITIOUS BUSINESS (DBA) NAME on file with the DRE, eLicensing asks if you would like to cancel any of them. Click on YES or NO. If yes, place a check mark next to the fictitious business (DBA) names you wish to cancel. Click on CANCEL SELECTED DBA NAMES.
- eLicensing will ask if you would like to add or cancel a BRANCH OFFICE. Click on YES or NO.
- You will be asked if you would like to ADD a branch office. Click on YES or NO. If YES, enter the branch office address in the spaces provided and click on SAVE NEW ADDRESS.
- Next, you will be asked if you would like to CANCEL a branch office address. Click on YES or NO. If YES, click in the box (to place a check mark) next to the BRANCH OFFICE ADDRESS that you would like to cancel and click on CANCEL SELECTED ADDRESS.
- You need to submit proof that you have completed your CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT. To do so, click on ADD COURSE. Enter the 8 digit course number and completion date and click on SAVE. Repeat this step for all courses you have taken. Once all courses have been entered, click on VALIDATE.
- If the courses entered were successfully validated, eLicensing will indicate successful validation. If eLicensing detects errors in the continuing education courses entered, the errors will be displayed on the CONTINUING EDUCATION VALIDATION screen. Answer the questions listed, then click on CONTINUE.
- eLicensing will indicate completion of the broker license renewal application. Click on CONTINUE to pay your renewal fee.
- Enter your credit card number and expiration date. If you would like to receive confirmation of successful payment, enter your email address. Click on PAY to continue.
- You must confirm the payment by clicking on SUBMIT TRANSACTION FOR PAYMENT.
- You will be informed that your payment was received and approved (or declined which will require you to correct errors or use a different credit card). Please print this page for your records then click FINISHED.
Back to Learn to Use eLicensing